Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Part 1: The Story



After an year of drooling on an iPhone, my wonderful wife gets me one as a birthday gift - living in Sri Lanka (which is an unnoticed island and most of the time mistaken as india *i know*) iphone did not get launched (or will it ever) so this was a jail broken one.. running the 1.1.4 firmware. oh wasn`t i drooling over it for days and days, i hardly had the time to concentrate on other things since i was way too busy with my phone fiddling...

Day 3: I dropped the phone made a small dent and some scratch on the back case - dunno about the phone but it was very painful for me to drop with my clumsy hands right on the 3rd day... arghhhhh! I somehow managed to clean the scratches away but the dent on the top was still slightly visible... I figured I should get a case for the thing before it could get any worse...



Day 10: I drop my phone again, this time i tried all my best to catch it... I failed.... and the price of that is... a BROKEN SCREEN. it was painful again...



unlike the US or the Europeans we do not have any apple store here that will repair the phone for us, even if they do, I might as well buy two more iphones for the price they ask to repair... what options am i left with? buy the OEM Front Panel from some place that sells and ships to Sri Lanka and get myself geared to fix my phone... not going to be easy but this blog is dedicated to all of those who had gone through what i have and need some guts to fix the damn screen. wish me luck.

No comments: